Need for Speed World
Need for Speed World, formerly known as World Online until February 5, 2010 is one of the three next installments in the long-running racing video game franchise Need for Speed published by Electronic Arts, this iteration being co-developed by EA Black Box and EA Singapore. World is a free-to-play MMORG, or massively multiplayer online racing game, the second MMORG in the Need for Speed series after Motor City Online. EA marketing manager Keith Munro states that "this Play for Free action racing game will give Need for Speed fans the most licensed cars, parts and game modes ever in Need for Speed's history". There is now an official trailer, which confirms Pagani Zonda, Lamborghini, Porsche, Lexus and the return of the police. The game will continue the story where Carbon and Undercover left off.
A beta test was held in Taiwan, 2009. On February 5, 2010 the first closed beta was released and there have been at least five more betas since. The release date is scheduled for July 20, 2010.
The game has actually been in development for four years, prior to Carbon but intense devotion to finishing the product didn't begin until sometime late 2008.
In an interview with World producer, Scott Henshaw, he mentioned that the European and North American versions of the game will have differences from the Asian one. It was also confirmed that the game will feature the cities of Palmont and Rockport, which were featured in Need for Speed Carbon and Need for Speed Most Wanted respectively. The cops were confirmed to return as well, together with a co-op and team based cop play.
It is unknown if the game will have more cities and/or dynamic day/night cycle, but current screenshots show both daytime and nighttime. A map was recently released, showing Palmont and Rockport connected. The game will also feature a chat option and autopilot. The December 2009 NFSUnlimited.net podcast also confirmed that this installment will feature the largest selection of cars and parts in series history (so far 250 cars have been planned from Most Wanted, Carbon, ProStreet and Undercover).
- Developer: EA Black Box And EA Singapore
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Release Date : July 20, 2010 (worldwide)
- Available in : Digital Download
- Genre(S): Massively Multiplayer Online Racing Rame
System Specifications (Beta)
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
- DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
- CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0 GHz or AMD X2 4000+ at 2.1GHz or greater
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0 compatible. At least Shader Model 2.0 support
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
- Hard Drive: 4 GB of space is required to install the game
- Internet: 128kbit/s Cable/DSL connection
- Optical Drive: Not required / NFS WORLD is download only and not available on PCCD / DVD
- Direct X: Version 9.0c
- Online Multiplayer: 512 Kbps connection; 2-8 Players
- Input: Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analog Gamepad
- Obtained from NFS World FAQ on Official Site: