Need For Speed World Powerups
|This page is protected from anonymous edits.|
This page is protected from edits by unregistered or anonymous users to minimize vandalism. If you wish to edit this page, please Log in.
Powerups are an important strategic element in Need For Speed: World, so it is worth spending some time to understand each powerup and how they can benefit the player's racing.
There are two ways to get powerups in the game. The first is to win them in the lucky draw cards at the end of races and pursuits, or buy specific powerups using Speedboost. If you go to the powerup console and look at the bottom of the screen you will see a visual list of all the powerups. To add more powerups to your collection highlight the one you want to add and click the Speedboost button. You will find this option after each race (in the bottom right of the results pop-up), and via the safehouse.
Activating powerups is simple. When you are in a race or pursuit, press the corresponding key (i.e. if NITROUS is in the "1" slot, press "1") or use the mouse to fire one by clicking on the powerup you want to use. After using it, each powerup has a cooldown period, that is, a certain amount of time the powerup needs to be recharged and ready to use again.
As you start obtaining more powerups, you will want to organize them, which can be done easily in the powerup console. Simply click and drag the powerup to where you want to place it. Enter the safehouse to access the powerup console. As mentioned above, you can also purchase powerups on this console page. Before you get new powerups make sure you get the most suitable ones for the specific game mode (Circuit, Sprint, Pursuit, Team Escape, etc.).
List of powerups
- Emergency Evade: this powerup knocks cops back if they are too close to the player's car in a pursuit. It can only be used during Pursuits or Team Escape events.
- Instant Cooldown: this powerup ends a cop pursuit immediately once the player is in cooldown mode. It can only be used during Pursuits.
- Juggernaut: this powerup increases the car's weight for extra ramming power. It can be used in all game modes, including free roam.
- One More Lap: this powerup adds one more lap to the race. When it is used once by anyone in the race, it cannot be used again by any player. It can only be used in race events.
- Nitrous: this powerup gives the car a quick burst of nitrous (or NOS), increasing its acceleration briefly. It can be used in all game modes, including free roam.
- Ready: this powerup eliminates the remaining cooldown period for powerups, making them ready to use again. It can be used in all game modes, including free roam.
- Run Flats: this powerup restores the car's tires after running over a spike strip dropped by the police. It can only be used during Pursuits or Team Escape events.
- Shield: this powerup gives the player immunity from other powerups, such as Traffic Magnet. It can only be used in circuit racing or sprint events.
- Slingshot: this powerup increases significantly the performance of the car when the player is trailing the pack. The further from the lead, the greater the boost. It can only be used in circuit racing or sprint events.
- Traffic Magnet: this powerup makes all traffic around the leading player to drive against it. It can only be used in circuit racing or sprint events.
- Team Emergency Evade: this powerup knocks cops back if they are too close to the players in the team. It has the same effect as "Emergency Evade", but when used it affects all players in the event. It can only be used during Team Escape events.
- Team Slingshot: this powerup increases significantly the performance of all cars in the team. It can only be used during Team Escape events.