Need for Speed ProStreet
In the 11th installment of the Need for Speed series, EA shifts gears into a new direction, thrusting the player to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns.
Compete at the highest level of street racing with Need for Speed™ ProStreet. It's no longer good enough to simply rule your local neighbourhood you need to dominate on a global stage. Build the ultimate battle machine, take it to multi-disciplinary showdowns and pit your skills and reputation against the world's best street racers. This is your chance to prove that you have what it takes to be crowned the next street king.
Need for Speed ProStreet is your ultimate taste of the chaos and unbridled adrenaline of street racing. Pushing yourself and your car to the edge can lead to mistakes and this time those mistakes have consequences. Think swirling fields of debris, shredded fiberglass and heinously twisted metal. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle.
Compete on some of the world's most iconic racing locations - Tokyo's Shuto Expressway, the Autobahn and the Nevada desert. The atmosphere is electric - complete with energetic crowds, photo-realistic cars and billowing smoke - all designed to embody the pressure and intensity of the gladiatorial challenge known as Show Down. Need for Speed ProStreet is the realisation of the raw power, visceral aggression and intense rivalry that embodies street racing culture
- Developer: EA Black Box
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Release Dates: November 14, 2007; November 16, 2007 (Europe)
- Available on: XBOX 360™, PlayStation3®, PlayStation2™, Wii™, Playstation® Portable, Nintendo DS™, PC-CD, and Mobile
- PC Demo: Links to download the PC Demo can be found at http://www.nfsunlimited.net/prostreet/demo
PC System Requirements
The minimum PC system requirements for Need for Speed Pro Street are the following:
|Operating System:||Windows XP / Windows Vista|
|Processor:||2.8 GHz for Windows XP; 3.0 GHz for Windows Vista|
|Memory:||512 MB RAM for Windows XP; 1GB RAM for Windows Vista|
|Hard Drive:||8.1 GB|
|Optical Drive:||8x DVD drive (Europe) / CD drive (North America|
|Graphic Card:||128 MB or higher (Pixel Shader 2.0, AGP and PCIe only)|
|Online Multiplayer:||Internet Connection 512 Kbps, 2-8 Players|
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad
The Official Word
- Photo Realism: Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-realistic graphics, effectively transporting you to the centre of the action.
- Autosculpt™: Need for Speed ProStreet pushes the "Autosculpt™" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance.
- Damage Matters: Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle.
- Extreme Competition: With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown.
- Asia Pacific Glamour: Need for Speed ProStreet includes beautiful in-game flag girls, played by popular celebrities from the Asia Pacific region. The only two girls to be featured in the game this year, Krystal Forscutt, a reality TV star and glamour girl from Australia, and Sayoko Ohashi, an up-and-coming personality from Japan, make their appearances throughout the game to add colour to the authentic world of street racing.
Adapted From: EA Singapore
- Real, Adrenaline-Fueled Racing: Experience the raw power of steet racing with a brand new physics engine and feel the fire of competition with an intuitively refined AI engine that smartly delivers on real driving behaviours.
- Dominate Across All Racing Disciplines: Becoming the Street King isn't about winning one single event. You need to prove yourself in four distinct styles of racing. Unleash the power of the beast in a reinvented Drag mode. Master the art of control with Tandem drift, and experience the intensity and rivalry of elite competition with Grip Racing. Completely new to the game is Speed Challenge, an ultimate test of speed and control.
- Ride the Edge of Disaster: Street racing is violent and mistakes have consequences. Cars can be torn apart using truly advanced and comprehensive damage capturing technology. Witness cars colliding, metal denting, and debris billowing. To further amplify the realism, crash repercussions such as smoke, dirt spray and dust clouds can affect all racers on the track.
- Redefining Competitive Social Play: Packed with ingenious features that will amp the spirit of competition and create for the ultimate showdown between you and your friends. The rules have drastically changed making for a more intense and aggressive online arena.
- Performance Drives Results: Your machine doesn't have to look like much - as long as there are secrets underneath that hood. For the first time ever, see the impact of the "AutoSculpt™" technology on performance - all in real time. Sculpt your cars inside a wind tunnel and choose from hundreds of real-world, aftermarket parts to build your ultimate battle machine.
- Share your Tuning Capabilities with the World: Once you've designed it share it. The all new Blueprints feature allows you to upload your visual and performance customization settings online. Once downloaded, you'll be credited each time your design is used to dominates in a race.
- Photo Real Cars and Worlds: Boasts cars that exude power, menace and raw energy with their look and sound along with the most realistic smoke ever seen in a racing game. Authentic and relevant real world track locations and the best street drives from around the globe combine to create the most stunning racing environments ever.
Adapted From: Electronic Arts
- AutoSculpt technology that affects car's performance
- Damage model, cars with 21,000 polygons
- 60+ cars from 26 different manufacturers, spanning 40+ years, including muscle cars, tuners, and 8 supercars
- Real-world car parts, including roll cages!
- 3 levels of damages
- Closed-circuit, day-light track racing
- Real-life locations (Asia, Europe, and United States)
- 4 race modes: Drag, Drift, Grip (Circuit) and Speed Challenge
- Return of the Dyno track
- Introduction of the Wind Tunnel
- No more Catch-up or Rubberband AI
- Realistic AI that occasionally makes mistakes
Note: Features are still not confirmed. These are just bits and pieces gathered from trailers and screenshots.
NOTE: These images and screenshots have been obtained from Electronic Arts and other sources. The identities of the other souces are watermarked on the images themselves.